Defense Industry Supply Chain & Security
Defense companies face the same opportunistic cyber threats of any business – especially ransomware – but also the additional pressures from persistent, sophisticated foreign actors involved in espionage and the theft of vital intellectual property.
To help create a path toward a vibrant, secure Defense Industrial Base, BlueVoyant has partnered with Professor Steven Melnyk and his team at Michigan State University (the No. 1-ranked academic supply chain management program). We analyzed hundreds of defense contractors to identify clear patterns, as well as the steps needed to improve their security posture.
Key findings include:
- 100% large R&D companies displayed network vulnerabilities, with 66% also showing evidence of targeting
- 28% of SMB defense contractors fall short of basic, tier-1 CMMC requirement
- Patterns that predict cyber risk in the Defense Industrial Base
- Expert insight into the marketplace
- Recommended actions to improve the security posture of the whole Defense Industrial Base